4 Critical Mistakes on List Building
© Mike Mazzella
As an Internet Marketer, building an opt-in list is vital to your overall success. This has been the case for as long as we have used the Internet as a marketing tool. Having an opt-in list allows you to immediately contact customers when new products are available, and also allows you to continue to market products which your list have not yet bought.
There are many ways to build an opt-in list, but there are also many mistakes that can be made along the way. Here are five critical mistakes that can be made, and how to avoid them.
- Failure to build a relationship with your list. Building a list is one thing, using it to your advantage is something else. You’ve got to keep in touch with your list. Weekly mailings are advised. Twice weekly mailings are better. Daily mailings are okay, but you don’t want to go overboard. Relationship building goes a little further in that you must answer emails from your list, and the email you send to them needs to be from a personal viewpoint – not sole advertisement.
- Failure to see that quality matters over quantity. Having a big list is great, unless it’s totally unresponsive. When you build your list, remember that the number of list members you have isn’t nearly as important as their interest in your topic. A small list of very responsive people will always do better than a large list of mostly unresponsive people.
- Failure to take advantage of list building opportunities. These days, it doesn’t take years to build a healthy opt-in list. It can be done in a matter of a few weeks. Yes, you should follow all of the old techniques, but take advantage of the new techniques as well. Get involved in joint venture giveaways. Start doing some social networking. Use social bookmarks. Build your list in every way possible.
- Failure to use a top-of-the-line autoresponder. This is another huge mistake that people make. Autoresponders of poor quality don’t deliver as well as they should. Many are automatically blocked by spam filters – regardless of what words are used in your message. Many don’t send the emails out in a timely manner. Many malfunction and send multiple emails (identical) out to each person on the list. Avoid these problems by starting with a quality autoresponder from the very beginning. Your opt-in list will thank you for it.
I hope you enjoyed the article and hopefully I was able to supply you with some information that will help you succeed with your listbuilding efforts.
Mike Mazzella has been online for two years and has built a list from scratch using Joint Venture Giveaways. He can show you how to build a list of your own through JV Giveaways, visit his site at JV Giveaway Secrets. If you are a newbie to listbuilding you may also want to visit Mike’s List Building Source or visit the Mike Mazzella Blog.
- List-Building With Giveaways
- Viral Marketing List Building
- Master Resell Rights Success
- 7 Super-Affiliate Tips…