Mike Paetzold back for day 2 of my stop here as part of The Old Bald Guy’s Blog Tour. Today the topic will be using blogs for traffic. If you are looking for more ways to get traffic check out Doug’s Top Traffic Tips.
Google loves blogs and with a blog you stand a better chance to get ranked in the search engines. Part of this is the blog structure itself and the other is fresher content.
Because a blog is easy to update (if you can use Word or any other word processor you can create a blog post) it is easy to keep your content fresh. Others can easily interact with your blog adding even more fresh content to your blog.
Now with all content marketing and this would include all of the topics I will be covering this week you need to do proper keyword research. Finding the long tail keywords that draw traffic and are easy to compete with is key. You can find out more about keyword research at EZ Keyword Research.
Here are 3 ways you can use a blog to drive traffic to your product or affiliate offers.
1. Write a review of a product. Go through and explain exactly what you liked and what you didn’t like about a specific product. Add in a section to explain who this would work for and who it wouldn’t. Be objective.
Allow others to comment and leave their feedback and link to the product at the end of the review.
Note: With the new rules make sure you have disclosed that you get paid if they buy through the link. Links in this post may be affiliate links for which either Doug or I get paid if you purchase.
2. Use your blog for your email promotions. Because of the various spam filters quite often you can not use the words you would want to use in your email without triggering the spam filters.
Words like make money, free, and many more can keep your email from being delivered. Put up your full promotion on your blog and just send an email to your list with a blurb to make them curious enough to click through and read the full story on your blog.
A side benefit is that quite often the search engines will rank you for that topic and you will get people finding your content that way that are not on your list.
3. Educate your readers and link to appropriate resources (with your links of course) that will help your reader. Use your blog to tell them what to do and your product recommendations to show them how to do it.
You will see this tactic used through out this particular post.
Finally I know that I said 3 ways but one of the things that is missing here on this blog and you should make sure that you use on your own blog is a chance to opt in to one of your mailing lists.
It can be as simple as keep up dated on the latest posts and information on this blog. If you use Aweber you can even automate it where each time you post or whatever time frame that you set your subscriber will be automatically mailed a reminder to come read your latest post.
Hope this helps and if you have other ways you use a blog feel free to leave a comment. Be back tomorrow to discuss using articles to generate traffic.
About the author
|Mike Paetzold has been online since 2000 and runs numerous blogs and you can find out what he is up to at Mike Paetzold Recommends.
You can also find out and keep current with WordPress at his blog WordPress Made Easy.
- Web 2.0 Targeted Traffic From PLR Products
- How Many Blogs Are Enough?
- Simple AdSense Blogs
- Niche Marketing Blogs
- Pricing Your PLR Products